Spanish artist Raul del Sol may not be an entomologist by profession, but these finely-detailed ink on wood illustrations reveal that he certainly seems to be one at heart.
For a beautiful ongoing series entitled Metamorfosis, Raul closely studies insect anatomy and the stages of metamorphosis for different species and then illustrates their awesome transformation processes on sets of plain wooden Matryoshka or Russian nesting dolls.
Visit Raul del Sol’s website to view more of his elegant entomological artwork.
PAVONI Couture Fall/Winter 2013
That last dress is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen *O*
Fjaðrárgljúfur. South Iceland.
I adore this so much; I love the lace, and the delicate flowers, and the colours are absolutely perfect. Just subdued enough to say mori, but just colourful enough to stand out.
I can picture this layered really simply; a sort of sheer, long sleeved undershirt, and maybe a full, asymmetrical skirt?
I think it has enough going on in itself to warrant a very simple coord with everything else.
being goth isn’t about the clothes or the music it’s about ravaging the Balkan Peninsula and Anatolia as far as Cyprus, then sacking Athens, Byzantium, and Sparta.
Always post the rules. Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write your questions. Tag 11 people and link them to the post. Actually tell them you’ve tagged them
I was tagged by kavarnistka
1. Why is your favourite writer your favourite writer?
Because she is witty, ironic and at least a bit of a feminist.
2. Are you a sunny person or a rainy person?
A windy person. Sort of.
3. If you could live in other country for at least a year which one would you choose?
Japan again!!! Denmark or the UK.
4. If you could have one personal characteristic that you don’t have now, what would it be?
To be more pragmatic or street-smart, aka not so useles in daily life. I also wish I was pretty.
5. What or who would you like to be in your next life?
6. What do you love about yourself (and don’t say nothing)?
My bright and charming personality. My ability to make the most amazing friends. ;P
7. Hot shower or bed?
Bed after a hot bath.
8. Which song do you listen to when you need to cheer yourself up?
I don’t have a cheer-up song. Sorry. …I have a cheer-up book instead.
9. Your favourite scent?
Freshly baked pizza. Spring.
10. Your favourite memory from the last year (which you’re willing to share)?
The newest one is: finally completing my second doll. I still want to roll on the floor happily, when I think of it…….. Ahem.
1. If you could live in any fictional universe, which one would you choose?
2. If you could give one advice to live by to your younger self, what would you say?
3. What is your ideal morning like?
4. Which room in your house you wish to be bigger?
5. What is your favourite cuisine?
6. What book would you like too see made into a movie?
7. House chore you dislike doing the most?
8. If you could have any fictional character as your brother/sister, which one would it be?
9. If someone suddenly gave you amount of money equaling to your month’s budget, what would you spend it on?
10. What song have you been humming recently?
Feel free to ignore this. I’m quite aware it’s just another form of spam :) But I would love to read your answers. And if there is someone, who is not tagged and is seeing this post wishing to complete those questions, please consider yourself tagged by me :)
Paul de Longpré (American, 1855-1911) - Roses and insects, oil on canvas.